Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What a Wonderful World..

Posted by Picasa


I am celebrating 13 years with Brock today.  On our first anniversary we went to eat at a fine french restaurant  in Charlotte.  We lavished each other with gifts and ate the last piece of our wedding cake that was thawed out from the night before.

Yesterday Fletcher reminded me that today was our anniversary, and asked what we were going to do.  I answered simply by saying "What we love to do most, watching y'all play baseball."  He had a fit, exclaiming "Mom!  You watch all of our games.  Go out with Dad, I want you to!"   "Fletcher", I replied, "there is no place your father and I would rather be than cheering you on.  You are a reminder to us of how amazing our 13 years have been together, and I would not miss it for the world."

It is true.  No gifts are needed.  Not even a card.  All I wanted was Brock, settled in next to me at the ballpark, cheering the boys on. With my peanuts and coke. What a gift.
************
16 years ago I was sitting at the receptionist desk at the new office when two men came around the corner to get on the elevator.  I had met Bill, one of the men, but not the other.  The other man put his arm around Bill, looked at me with a mischievous grin and asked , " If stranded on a deserted island which one of us would you choose to be with?"  As I turned bright red and was without an answer, the bell rang, the elevator opened and the two men got on.  Within ten minutes they were back up again, this time with introductions...  " Hi, I am Brock.  Welcome!"

From that moment on, all I wanted was Brock, settled in next to me, making me laugh. 

I am a shy, sometimes insecure, unorganized mess.  He is outgoing, confident, humorous and methodical.  I drive him nuts. But we are a perfect mesh. The common ground that brings us so close together is our passion.  We are passionate about life....  Our relationship with God, the children and each other.  It is that passion that makes sitting on the ball field, that could be interpreted as boring to others, an incredibly amazing night.

As in every marriage, there have been battles that we have had to fight, and thankfully conquer.  But at the end of the day I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I am saying good night to my best friend, usually laughing at one of his antics. I sink into sleep thanking God for his amazing gifts to me, which includes that day in the office when I was left speechless.

12 comments:

  1. Saya sangat menyukai kemudahan navigasi yang tersedia, rajabandot menawarkan akses informasi yang praktis, responsif, dan selalu memberikan pengalaman online yang memuaskan bagi pengguna. rajabandot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menurut saya, rajabandot memiliki pembahasan yang cukup menarik untuk diikuti karena informasinya mudah dipahami. rajabandot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Platform ini memberikan pengalaman digital yang nyaman, rajabandot menawarkan akses cepat, tampilan sederhana, serta membantu pengguna menikmati layanan online dengan lebih mudah setiap hari. rajabandot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jelajahi berbagai informasi terbaru mengenai toto macau slot melalui pembahasan yang informatif, ringkas, dan mudah dipahami sehingga Anda memperoleh wawasan yang lebih lengkap. toto macau slot

    ReplyDelete
  5. This discussion highlights essential ideas and presents them in a way that encourages further understanding. layarkaca21

    ReplyDelete
  6. It feels entirely appropriate. Every one of smaller aspects were created through many record education. I really like the application plenty crm for roofers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for creating material that supports knowledge sharing and encourages constructive conversations among readers. sportgg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. slot 5k

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks wengtoto link alternatif

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found this content highly educational because it explains key topics in a way that remains engaging and informative. revenda de seguidores barato

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ulasan nagaspin99 link menjadi referensi menarik bagi pengguna digital yang membutuhkan informasi singkat mengenai akses dan navigasi platform secara terstruktur. nagaspin99 link

    ReplyDelete
  12. This article provides valuable information supported by clear explanations, making it an excellent resource for readers interested in expanding their knowledge. slot gacor

    ReplyDelete